“Our ultimate aim is to directly impact the number of Black people we see in society’s decision-making positions over a generation.”
– For our children to have access to and occupy positions of influence and leadership in a variety of roles across all industries – impacting on equity within the Black community more widely.
– To actively create a network among parents, students, and teachers, with a view to actively working on initiatives such as careers advice, career progression, mentoring, work experience and professional networking.
– For our children to be engaged and educated in anti-racist environments
– To work in partnership with educational institutions on initiatives that directly impact widened access
– To consult educational institutions and provide initiatives that help to guide the progress from non-racist to anti-racist – with a specific anti-black racism remit
– To work in partnership and build capacity with other Black community organisations, in acknowledgement that education sits within and overlaps other issues and systems
In order to work towards our vision, ACEN is actively working on 3 distinct initiatives.